PhysiologyJuly 18, 2021 2021-08-15 12:36
- The Department of Physiology is an integral part of the basic medical sciences in a medical college. It is essential that all medical students receive sufficient exposure to the physiological concepts that provide the foundations needed for further studies in pharmacology, pathology, pathophysiology, and medicine. The Physiology department at Rai Medical College is very well organized and focuses on developing and delivering quality education to undergraduate students through an experienced and well trained faculty.
- Physiology laboratory
- Tutorial Rooms
- Lecture Halls
- Faculty Offices
Objectives of the Department:
- We want to provide a sound scientific basis for the training of doctors. It is the objective of this department to facilitate the students to learn the core concepts of Physiology which will enable the students grasp adequately the normal functioning of the human body. Our priority for medical students is to enhance our teaching efforts with an emphasis on developing stimulating medically relevant interactive sessions.
- At the end of the course in Physiology the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of the physiological basis of medical practice
- Demonstrate sound knowledge in Physiology with a view to possible scientific investigations in Physiological sciences
- Apply the science of physiology in everyday life; and recognize pathophysiological conditions
- Scope of the department:
- At present the department provides resources and opportunities that foster excellence in research among faculty and students. We provide a superior teaching resource and exemplary service to the medical students. In future we have plans to expand and facilitate training programs for dentistry, pharmacy, nursing and post graduates as well.